Hi, I'm Thomas
I'm a search engine optimizer and a project manager with over 4 years of experience. I hold a BSc in Management from The University of Nottingham and a Master in Digital Media from the University of British Columbia.
I first entered the digital media industry as a front-end developer which allowed me to develop key technical skills in web programming. I've developed web applications using HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS / Redux and jQuery.
2014 - 2016
I learned about search engine marketing (SEO & SEA) first as a freelance web consultant and then as an SEO Consultant at altima, a global agency specialised in e-commerce. I had the chance to pitch to a variety of different clients and work with multidisciplinary teams (Front-End/Back-End developers, UX designers, art directors, CROs...).
During my time at altima, I had the chance to manage different e-commerce projects, such as the design and development of in-store mobile applications and e-commerce platforms, for well established brands in the luxury industry and the travel sector.
2016 - 2017
The Master of Digital Media program has pushed me to improve my collaborative skills and leadership abilities. I've had the chance to facilitate workshops both for my teams and clients and I've worked as a scrum master on a number of different projects. This program has maed me step outside of my comfort zone and has challenged me to think of better ways to work collaboratively.
Positions: Faculty at SFU and SEO at Konversion
- Teaching agile/scrum, user-centred design, and user experience design to undergraduate students (read about the IDEA-X Program);
- In charge of Centre for Digital Media's SEO: strategy, front-end & back-end development, content production;
- Led a workshop for Université Laval and Arthritis Research Canada in Québec City and Edmonton;
- Facilitated a workshop for a group of high school teachers. Topics: project-based learning and technology, agile/scrum, user-centred design, mindstorms;
- Working for a major e-commerce client (CA & US). Scope: SEO tree, keyword research, redirection plan, technical audit, qa, developer relationship, dashboard creation.