Hi, I'm Thomas
I'm a search engine optimizer and a project manager with over 5 years of experience. I hold a BSc in Management from The University of Nottingham and a Master in Digital Media from the University of British Columbia.
I first entered the digital media industry as a front-end developer which allowed me to develop key technical skills in web programming. I've developed web applications using HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS / Redux and jQuery.
2014 - 2016
I first developed my search engine marketing (SEO & SEA) practice as a freelance web consultant and then as an SEO Consultant at altima, a global agency specialised in e-commerce. I had the chance to pitch to a variety of different clients and work with multidisciplinary teams (Front-End/Back-End developers, UX designers, art directors, CROs...).
During my time at altima, I had the chance to manage different e-commerce projects, such as the design and development of in-store mobile applications and e-commerce platforms, for well-established brands in the luxury industry and the travel sector.
2016 - 2017
The Master of Digital Media program has taught me new collaborative skills and leadership abilities - I've had the chance to facilitate workshops both for my teams and clients and I've worked as a scrum master on a number of different projects. It made me step outside of my comfort zone and has challenged me to think of better ways to work collaboratively.
Positions: Faculty at SFU and SEO Consultant for Call It Spring (North America)
- Teaching agile/scrum, user-centred design, and user experience design to undergraduate students (read about the IDEA-X Program);
- In charge of Centre for Digital Media's SEO: strategy, front-end & back-end development, content production;
- Led a workshop for Université Laval and Arthritis Research Canada in Québec City and Edmonton;
- Facilitated a workshop for a group of high school teachers. Topics: project-based learning and technology, agile/scrum, user-centred design, mindstorms;
- Working for Call It Spring (North America). Scope: SEO tree, keyword research, redirection plan, technical audit, qa, developer relationship, dashboard creation.
Position: SEO Lead at Clearly. See my LinkedIn profile for more information.